What a Wonderful Day

Sunday, November 21, 2004

 
Well! After a few small tasks ( an ambulance run first thing this morning, chopping some fire wood, taking the dogs out, some work at the fire hall, several hours tying to track down an annoying computer worm, feeding the dogs, some housework, chopping some more firewood, installing some new software, bringing in the dogs, going back to the fire hall for a few minutes,) I am at last ready to begin the things I planned to do today. Actually yesterday, as it's 12:30 in the morning.

The last few days I've had a nasty chest cold of the type that afflicts all kind hearted and generous people the world over. But I'm on the mend, and don't feel hot and cold at the same time any more.

Thursday, my Cub Scouts began building bird houses, and a good time was had by all. These kids are so cool. The bird houses are coming together quickly and no one has even bled. ( I absolutely refuse to compare this to Mary's daughter and the unfortunate "let's introduce you kids to American culture by carving Halloween Pumpkins and needing stitches international event". No how no way, my lips are sealed.)

Last night, well, the night before night actually, on of the ladies I go to church with called at the height of my cold and said that her kids were planning to come to my house the next night for a game and pizza. Have you ever had mental whiplash as something you said and promptly forgot came rocketing back into your awareness? Fortunately the sound of my voice sounding hoarse and gurgley got me a reprieve. Who wants their kids to bring home a cold that can make you sound like that?

This was especially merciful since about a year ago I bought this lady's three children crickets and sent them home with them to play. (For those of you who don't know, a "cricket" is a simple metallic toy that make a loud clicking sound, over and over again.) I must confess to having done this with a certain sadistic relish. Next week she stuck a cricket in my ear, clicked it few times while saying loudly, how do you like it?"

I'm trying to get up my courage to give all the elementary school kids fist fulls of chocolate covered coffee beans just before school.


Comments:
I had no idea what you were talking about when you came into the store and mentioned the "international pumpkin carving event"....I was afraid to ask. Haha, very funny. Let's just hope she doesn't let the kids learn about Thanksgiving by carving turkeys.
 
It's "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls (on my site)
 
I think that it's important to note that, regarding the so-called "international pumpkin carving event", she felt REALLY bad about that. Also, let's hope the kids never learn of her facination with fire.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?