An Entry for "S"

Sunday, January 16, 2005

 
One of my Loyal Fans warned me yesterday that if I didn't post more often I would lose my audience (except for her mother she pointed out who "doesn't have anything to do.") So tonight, I apply personal discipline and sit before the keyboard to type.

This week I have created art by leaving a leaky water hose outside in the freezing weather. The resulting ice sculpture now is about three feet high and fifteen feet long. It incorporates a bicycle that I had meant to move for some time, and the stones for my someday-to-be-built barbecue.

of course, this piece of art represents Man's struggle against the Machine. (I have no idea what this means, but it seems to be a safe and oft repeated bit of positive commentary on other pieces of art that are just as pointless as mine.) It also represents Fred's Amusement at filling his Absent Neighbor's Yard with a small glacier.

I continue to spent about two hours a day gathering, chain sawing and splitting fire wood. I am beginning to notice tat some of the nearby woods have taken on a park-like appearance as some strange force removes all the fallen trees and deadwood from among the boughs.




Comments:
When you talk to 'S', you can tell her she's out of the will. (she's right but she doesn't have to be telling anyone.)
 
Thanks Fred! And, hmm....funny that my mom would be the first one to post. I'm sure her busy day allowed her to read the entry hot off the press. When I saw that there was already one comment, I knew I was in trouble. Sorry Mom (please put me back in the will!)
 
Rode a link from SLAPINIONS and enjoyed the read. You have email, btw.
 
See, I did your site 'some' good.

Slapinions
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?